Sabado, Mayo 4, 2013

BOHOL: HAPPY PLACE


Last February, one of my bestfriends (Nikki) and I agreed to have a trip on Holy Week since we can't go to Catarman for the whole summer because of internship and summer classes. Our first choice is to go to Bicol Region and try the water activities but we saw a promo airfare ticket going to Tagbilaran (that's rare because its a peak season). We paid 2,500 each for our two way fare since our Manila-Tagbilaran is a regular fare because we did not able to get the promo fare on time, but its alright.

Nikki and I were excited about our tour. The  day before our trip, Nikki bought 4 dozens of  J.Co donuts as our pasalubong for them (my relatives, niece, Ate Carmel's family, and YFC friends) and I bought a bag as pasalubong for Ate Nady. I was busy talking to Ate Carmel and Nino that day until dawn and I fell asleep without packing any things for the trip. 

DAY 1 (March 27)

I woke up 7 am and immediately packed my things. I did not prepared any toiletries 'cause Im thinking I will just buy it in Tagbilaran. We ahead to airport around 10:15 am and our flight is 12:05 pm. We were nervous as we are on our way because of the heavy traffic in EDSA. Nikki told me that if we are late, I will treat him in Vikings, but because of Manong Taxi Driver and our prayers, we arrived at the airport 11:25 am, just 10 mins before the boarding time, but the airplane was delayed that's why our flight was moved to 12:30 pm.

As we arrived at the airport, we were welcomed by Ate Carmel, Nino, and Kuya Yves, with a sign "Welcome Tinay and Nikki. :p " We felt like a tourist that time. We ate our late lunch at Payag Restaurant where we also met Gary and Luj. Payag Restaurant is located at the top floor of BQ Mall. There is also another branch but we don't know where. The restaurant offers grilled chicken like Mang Inasal and Chicboy, but there is something in their chicken that I can't explain. Nikki ordered the grilled chicken while I ordered kinilaw since I was craving for some seafoods that time. We shared foods that's why I were able to taste the grilled chicken.

Arrival at Bohol

We went to Loon, Bohol to visit my father's tomb. We arrived around 6pm at the cemetery. Its kinda scary but there is no other day that I can go there so  we entered the cemetery. There were many goats and a cow inside that's why it lessen the fear that time. We also visited the tombs of my relatives and grandparents. After that we went to Loon Church to pray and rode a tricycle going to Catagbacan, the place of my father. I saw my nanny for 16 years there. She is the one taking care of the ancestral house since 2010. I was amazed that she is not afraid living there alone during daytime.

We went back to Tagbilaran and met Ate Aileen (my niece), Ate Binay, Ate Carmel, Ryan, and Kuya Tope. We had our dinner in Mcdonalds and talked for 3-4 hours. Around 11pm, we went to Ate Carmel's house. She offered their house as our accommodation for the whole stay. We met Tita Chona, Ate Nady, and RJ. We were shy at the same time thankful on meeting them. Its like we had another family in Bohol already.

With Ate Nady
With Tita Chona, Ate Nady, Ate Carmel, and Kuya Tope

DAY 2 (MARCH 28)

Our second day in Bohol was filled with happy moments. Its the Countryside Tour and Bisita Iglesia Day day! Nino, Kuya Tope, and Ate Carmel went along with us as our tour guides. Here are some photos of our tour: 
Tagbilaran Cathedral

At Sandugo

At Baclayon Church

Entrance of Baclayon Church

Inside of Baclayon Church

Nikki with Prony


Actual Blood Compact Site
 Loboc Church
The Tarsier

Man-made forest

Batuan Church

At Chocolate Hills
The Famous Chocolate Hills during summer

Batuan Shiphaus


The Hanging Bridge

Bohol Bee Farm

Ice cream at Bohol Bee Farm

After the tour, we had our dinner at Hukad sa Golden Cowrie located at Tagbilaran City.

Park in front of the Capitol and Cathedral

DAY 3 (March 29)

We woke up quarter to 5 in the morning because we needed to travel for our island hopping in Panglao. The water activities includes the Dolphin Watching, Balicasag Island, and Virgin Island. Here are some photos of our island hopping: 

Sunrise at Panglao

Departure
The Dolphins
Preparing for the snorkeling activity
New-found friends
After the snorkeling activity
Sea urchins for 20 pesos

The beauty of Virgin Island


We went home around lunch time and prepared for the 3pm mass and attended procession afterwards.We ended March 28 with a smile.

DAY 4 (March 30)

We went to Tagbilaran Airport  to accompany Ate Carmel because she traveled to Manila with YFC Bohol to attend the one week activity of Youth For Christ. We went back at their home for us to prepare our things because our flight is 12:25pm but the aircraft did not arrived on time which caused delay, we boarded past 1 pm already.  We arrived at Manila around 3pm already.

In regards with our expenses, we spent 5000-6000 pesos each included of pasalubong and our treat to our friends. Its expensive but what's important is that the experienced we will cherish. Take note if you are planning to travel, the more, the merrier,  the lesser the expenses. 
Bohol will always be one of my happy places in the Philippines. I can call it as my second home. Amazing place, hospitable people! I shall return in Bohol, soon.















Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento