Huwebes, Mayo 2, 2013

WHAT IF HE IS STILL ALIVE?


Papa and I when I was 3 years old.



I wonder if my Papa is still alive until now. Maybe there is someone who will cook my favorite dishes like sinigang, grilled pork, and caldereta. Someone who will call me everyday just to remind me of the things I should do despite I am 18 years old. A man who will call me, not to scold me but instead check me if I am safe. A man who can visit in my dormitory and sleep with me on my room. Someone who will kiss my forehead and cheek and say I love you. Someone who will carry me if I fall asleep in the floor or sala and transfer it to my bedroom or beside him. Someone who will hug me every morning and say “Tin baby, mata na, muskwela pa baya ka.” And if I don't want to wake up, he would carry me to the kitchen and would prepare my breakfast. A man who would fetch me at my school everyday and did not let any insect or mosquito to bite me.

During my elementary days, I dream of having a debut and you’re my first dance, but as I turned 18 last year, this did not happen. After he passed, I did not dream of having grand celebration every birthday because no one will prepare. I remember during my recognition, he cooked all my favorite dishes and telling his friends that he is proud of me.

That’s all memories. And now I'm longing for his hugs, kisses, advises, jokes, everything. He is not the perfect father but God just allowed me to experienced a love like no other for 11 years. An unconditional love wherein he did not asks for exchange. A love of a father to his child, to his precious daughter. Wherever you are right now, I know you’re guiding me and our family. Its been almost 7 years since you left me. but your legacy is still alive. I love you. Until now, you’re still the man I love most. I miss you. See you soon.

P.S. Pahalagahan niyo ang mga magulang niyo kahit lagi sila nanenermon sa inyo. Kung tayo tumatanda na, ano pa sila? Bawat oras mahalaga. Sulitin niyo ang bawat oras na kasama sila.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento