Miyerkules, Hulyo 10, 2013

Missionary

As I looked back on my early years in Youth For Christ, a smile can be drawn in my face and realized how a clueless person like me about this community will fall in love each day serving through Youth For Christ. It all started with an invitation to attend a youth camp in high school based, after saying that magic word of "Yes," my perspective in life started to change. 

When I graduated, the question was "Where will I continue my service?" God answered it days after the ILC- Baguio. I served in the community based especially during the preparations of the PYC. I went to places in our province that I had never been and I was amazed and trained to be independent. This community taught me to be mature, to think according to my age, and be sensitive to the feelings of other.

As I entered college four years ago, I lost my passion in serving. In five months, I got into vices which even myself can ever think that I can do it. Its true that when an evil tempted you, you can say no, but its hard to resist and I was once a victim. After one semester of sinful actions and temptations, I longed for service. If there's one word I can describe my service to Him, it will be an "addiction", because even you stop, you will come to a point that you will search for it. God made a way. He gave me a new set of family that will take care of me and let me feel I am not alone as I journey my dreams. God gave me "Youth For Christ-San Beda College." 

Its been my 4th year in the campus based, and I am one of the oldest in the family now. New sets of Bedan Youth For Christs came and coming, but my heart is filled with excitements and joys seeing them happily serving the Lord. I may leave them a year from now, but I will make sure I will leave a remark to them. I will not leave the family who molds me the person what I am now, who always lend a shoulder to lean on every time I have a problem in the different aspects of my life. I will not leave them not in a good condition. I will make surely that there are people will continue the mission and vision of YFC in every campuses.

I don't know what will be my next missions in life. I don't where this community will bring me, but one thing is for sure, these missions will mold me to be a better person, to teach me lessons in life, to be true to myself, and allow me to experience the abundant love of Him. I am excited and my heart jumps for joy and will never let fear to overcome me in saying Yes to Him. I may not be in a high position, but I believed I am called and I am one of the chosen.

Thank You Lord. I will never get tired proclaiming Your greatness. I will always be a Missionary. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento